For more information about computer and network support in Wichita KS, visit our homepage at Proper Technology Solutions.
Wichita IT Support – Professional Onsite Service for Small Businesses
The last month or so has been a busy one. We’ve been keeping active supporting several new small business clients in the Wichita area and it has unfortunately kept me from keeping the blog up to date. Hopefully I will have some new tips for the readers shortly.
Here’s a brief recap of some of the work we’ve been doing to give you an idea of what we do here at Proper Technology and how we can help your business succeed.
- Installation of new network hardware – One of our customers had been progressively bumping up their speed through Cox Business without results. By looking at their equipment, we found that the bottleneck was in their router. It just wasn’t rated for the speeds they were hoping for and expecting. After replacing this key networking device, we were able to improve their Internet experience.
- Data and disaster recovery – Another customer had taken a system to a local repair shop when it crashed, to be told that the hard drive had failed and the data was lost forever. They returned with a new hard drive and a new operating system. Fortunately, they had kept the old hard drive. We were able to recover all the old data and even the original operating system, allowing the user to go right back to work with all data intact.
- Temporary hardware – A user’s motherboard failed just months before a planned workstation refresh. Wanting to standardize their hardware in the months ahead, the customer wanted an inexpensive alternative to replace the machine. We were able to located a replacement device used that allowed their hard drive to boot and was easily recovered. They had a replacement machine for just over $100 to hold them through until the refresh.
- Virus removal – We removed a large number of malicious programs from machines over the past month, from virus infections to malware, bringing the customers back online with as little headache as possible.
- Online backup – One of our customers replaced an existing tape-based backup system with our Proper Cloud Backup solution, lowering their total cost and giving them the peace of mind of having offsite data storage.
These are just a few of the projects we’ve encountered since my last update. If you’re looking for professional enterprise IT support in Wichita and surrounding areas, please give us a call at (316) 337-5628. We can have a certified technician at your place of business within hours (or faster) to resolve all your issues and get your business running again.